A lot has been written in the last few days about the Shockwave Flash crashing when using vSphere Web Client 6.x
VMware produced KB2151945 on how to workaround the problem, yes a workaround, because until now there is no resolution for the problem.
Until now nothing new, just follow the KB and everything should work as expected…. well not really.
This are the steps provided in the KB for Windows Google Chrome:
- Download the attached 2151945_pepflashplayer.7z.
- Extract the pepflashplayer.dll to the Desktop.
- Open C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\18.104.22.168\ in File Explorer.
- Rename pepflashplayer.dll to pepflashplayer.old.
- Copy the pepflashplayer.dll extracted earlier from the desktop to‘C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\22.214.171.124\.
- Open the vSphere Web Client in Chrome.
Everything worked okay until step 3 as under my username the PepperFlash folder is empty.
ad: Run, Edit & monitor virtual machines on the cloud hosted servers along with your Windows applications with automatic backups from CloudDesktopOnline. Rent VMs, server farms or hosted apps using Apps4Rent.com.
After a search for pepflashplayer.dll I found two folder under Windows
I replaced those two files with the pepflashplayer.dll provided on the KB and rename them to match the files on the folders, and voilà, vSphere Web Client is working fine under Google Chrome once again.