I’ve got lot of questions from people about integrating IBM Flex System CMM with Active Directory or LDAP authentication, because lets face it – IBM documentation is not the best in the industry and this part is kinda missing there :/
For those of you who worked with IBM BladeCenter AMM before it might be easy, as configuration is basically same and most importantly, documentation for this actually exist – to some extent.
You can check it out here: Configuring LDAP in BladeCenter AMM / Flex CMM
If you don’t want to spend time reading the manual, here is simplified version:
Note: I configured IP and DNS information in advance.
- Login to CMM console.
- Go to Mgt Module Management>Network>LDAP Client
- Specify following settings (the rest is optional mostly used to tweak search performance and improve security):
Now we have to pair Roles in CMM with Active Directory groups.
Go to Mgt Module Management>User Accounts>Group Profiles>Add a Group.
Note: Group ID or Group Profile Name is actually group name in Active Directory.
Last step is to specify order of authentication. Mgt Module Management>User Accounts>Accounts>Global Login Settings>General. Select one User authentication method with External server. I suggest to always have Local as backup…
You are done!
Logout from CMM and try to login with your domain credentials.
Latest posts by Dusan Tekeljak (see all)
- ESXi installation fail with IBM x3650 M4 and m5110e storage controller after Firmware upgrade - August 11, 2017
- Bricked QLogic Broadcom BCM57840 after driver update - July 21, 2017
- Set up an alert for port blocked by vSwitch security policy - June 12, 2017